Melbourne, Australia-based La Trobe University is a research institution that was established in 1967. The university is in the top 1% of all universities in the globe. The Mont Park and Larundel psychiatric hospitals received funding from the farm that was formerly located on the Melbourne campus in the province of Bundoora. The past few years have seen La Trobe University place among the top 400 in each of the three major global university rankings. In Australia, the university has graduated more than 200,000 people, including students from other countries. According to latest statistics, La Trobe University has about 8,000 international students enrolled from more than 100 nations.
The goals of the Bachelor of Computer Science program
- To generate a spectrum of creative solutions for a business or a community organization, conduct multidisciplinary research and analysis of a business, social, or sustainability concern.
- Show understanding of the proper social, legal, and ethical principles that influence an ICT professional's job.
- Apply basic computer science principles, evaluate and expand computer-based solutions, and develop technical implementations to address issues specific to your industry.
- To create solutions for issues in the real world, use your programming talents.
- Use your knowledge of math and statistics to analyze and resolve business challenges.
- Consider alternative approaches to corporate, social, or sustainability problems while responsibly taking into account possibly conflicting economic, ethical, social, and commercial views.
- Negotiate with a variety of stakeholders to effectively develop an innovative solution as you carry out and manage change.
- Engage in a multicultural, multidisciplinary team with professionalism and effectiveness to contribute to its success and show off tactics used to respect the needs, values, and talents of others.
- Working with digital technology means evaluating, using, and communicating information efficiently related to corporate, social, and sustainability concerns.
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill criteria for graduates looking to start a career in business analytics, marketing, management, or computer science.
- Conduct compelling explanations and presentations that are professionally and technically suitable for a range of audiences, including coworkers, the IT community, and the non-IT community.
- Use well-known computer-based technologies to develop designs and propose and analyze tactics.
- Use team-building, self-evaluation, negotiation, and communication techniques to effectively contribute to a team and finish work-related assignments.
Career options for computer science graduates
You might pursue a wide choice of specialized positions in business and information technology after graduation. Roles that are possible are:
- technical analyst
- Full-stack web programmer or developer
- enterprise analyst
- Engineer big data
- financial expert
- Project director
Tuition: $39000 per year
La Trobe University International Academic Scholarship
La Trobe University International Merit Scholarship
La Trobe University International Excellence Scholarship
Academics: 2.8 GPA